FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the hours of the credit union?
The Greater Centennial Federal Credit Union's hours are Tuesdays and Wednesdays 1:00 – 6:00 pm at the credit union office located at 114 West 4th Street, Mount Vernon, NY 10550; and Sundays after each worship service.
How do I contact the credit union?
- By phone: (914)664-1838 ext.165 or e-mail at GCFCU1@gmail.com
- Where is the credit union office located?
- The Greater Centennial Federal Credit Union's office is located at 114 West 4th Street Mt. Vernon, NY 10550.
- How do I join the credit union?
- With a deposit of only $5.00 you can open a share (savings) account and become a member of the Greater Centennial Federal Credit Union. Membership applications are available online via our website's forms page.
- What services are provided by the credit union?
- The Greater Centennial Federal Credit Union provides: savings, personal (secured and unsecured) loans, debt consolidation loans, education loans, as well as financial education workshops and one-on-one financial counseling.
- Is my money safe with the credit union?
- Yes. Your savings with the Greater Centennial Federal Credit Union are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Association.
- Is the information I provide and share with the credit union kept confidential and secure?
- Does the credit union charge any share account service fees?
- Yes. The Greater Centennial Federal Credit Union charges a dormant/ inactive account fee of $5.00 against any account which has not had any activity (deposits, withdrawals, loans) in the last twelve (12) months. Note that posting of dividends is not considered to be activity on an account. In order to avoid assessment of the $5.00 fee we encourage all members to simply make regular deposits or other transactions against your account. With regular deposits of as little as $1.00 you can avoid the assessment of a dormant/ inactive fee and watch your savings grow.
- How do I make a deposit?
- Deposits can be made to your credit union account via the Greater Centennial Federal Credit Union envelopes which are available from our office; also you can make a deposit during our office hours on Tuesdays or Wednesdays; and also by placing your credit union envelope in the tithe and offering collection on Sundays.
- How do I make a withdrawal?
- Withdrawal requests can be made during the credit union’s office hours on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
- How do I get a loan?
- Loans are only available to members of the Greater Centennial Federal Credit Union. Information regarding loan procedures is available from the credit union office. Please note that the loan application and processing period is a minimum 2-3 weeks.
- What financial education workshops are offered by the credit union?
- The Greater Centennial Federal Credit Union offers free financial education workshops on: budgeting, debt management and reduction, investing, tax topics, credit repair, retirement, education savings, small business plan development and other topics that are important to our membership. Please check our website for further information and upcoming events.
- If I am interested in one-on-one financial counseling what do I need to do?
- The Greater Centennial Federal Credit Union provides free one-on-one financial counseling to all members. To schedule a financial counseling session, please contact our office at 914-664-1838, ext. 165 or e-mail us at GCFCU1@gmail.com to schedule an appointment to discuss your needs.
- Are there any opportunities available to volunteer for the credit union or get involved with a committee?
- Yes, The Greater Centennial Federal Credit Union welcomes volunteers. Currently the following committees are seeking volunteers: Compliance/ Supervisory, Communications & Marketing, Financial Education, Collections, and Fund Development. If you are interested in volunteering on any of these committees please contact our office for additional information at 914-664-1838, ext 165 or GCFCU1@gmail.com.